This magnificent castle estate is an enchanting lakeside hideaway situated on the prestigious ‘golden shore’ of Lake Como. This southern tip of lake Como, is home to many renowned estates such as Villa D’Este Hotel, Villa Erba, and George Clooney’s Villa Oleandra. The Castello is historically significant and served as a medieval signal tower and as an armory since the 16th century. It was transformed into a residence by a scion of modern Italian furniture, Piero Ambrogio Busnelli of B&B Italia The estate includes the main castle, two guest villas, a pool, private lakeside boat slip and terrace, olive orchards, and rambling gardens. The main castle has 3 bedrooms, a rooftop terrace with sweeping lake views and interior finishes reminiscent of a Bond film including gothic windows, marble, leather, ivory, bronze and exotic woods.
The terraced gardens surrounding the main castle are intertwined with stone steps that lead to the guest villas – Chalet and Limonaia. Both guest villas are 2 stories, the Chalet has three bedrooms while the Limonaia has two. Both homes have wonderful lake views and their own outdoor spaces perfect for al fresco dining or star gazing. The pool is located on the sunny garden level between the two guest houses.
The central location of Lake Como gives you easy access via water taxi to the charming villages along the lake such as Bellagio, Lenno and a must visit to Villa Carlotta. You are also close to the shopping, fashion and art in Milan and world-renowned skiing in the Swiss Alps. This is a once in a lifetime experience and is perfect for weddings and family reunions.
|7 Night Minimum||Yes|
- 3 separate residences - the main Castle and 2 guest villas, Chalet and Limonaia
- The main Castle is 4,625 sq. ft. and has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 1 king, 1 queen and 2 twin beds
- The Chalet is 1,500 sq. ft. and has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 3 queen beds
- The Limonaia is 1,075 sq. ft. and has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and 2 queen beds
- Multiple outdoor terraces and patios
- Lovely gardens with an olive grove
- Sweeping views of Lake Como
- Heated pool
- Private lakeside boat slip
- Both shore and water activities are available including Waterskiing, sailing, wind-surfing, hang-gliding and scenic mountain trails
- A boat ride to Bellagio, a lovely village along central Lake Como, offers a wonderful Italian experience
- Ski day trip options include the Swiss Alps and northern Italy
- Nearby lakes including Maggiore and Grade and unique islands like Isola Bella are easily accessible
- Milan is 1 hour from the estate where you’ll find great fashion, shopping and art including da Vinci’s Last Supper and a visit to the La Scala opera house